Sunday, August 12, 2012

Joseph and the Amazing Technically Unrelated but Yet Touching Parallels to the Story of Jesus

I thought that I was listening to a relatively standard sermon about the life of Joseph, and was checking my watch when I saw that we had already gone half an hour and still hadn’t gotten to read the part where Joseph saves the Egyptians and then forgives his brothers (and our preacher for the day was reading every passage and then clarifying and summarizing it, so I assumed this would go on for a long while). Then the sermon took such a sudden turn towards a meaningful application that my soul gasped in surprise. The preacher stopped the story at the interpretation of the baker’s dream, and pointed out the similarities between Joseph and Jesus.
Both were sold by their brothers/friends for silver
When Joseph is in prison, and Jesus on the cross, they encounter two men. One is saved, the other isn’t.
Joseph starts serving Pharoah at the age of 30.
Both forgive those who do them wrong.

A fresh take on an old story!

No comments:

Post a Comment