Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Abschied!

Today was my last day of work and my last assembly with my church family here in Bremen. Monday was my goodbye party with my beloved neighbors. Tomorrow I travel by bus to Berlin and the next day I fly home for a short time. Pray for my safety in travel and that I do not immediately forget all the German that I've learned.

I am the least sad about leaving my church family (no offense) as I will see them again. Yesterday we read Psalm 23 during our women's bible study. I am glad to have read it; I realized that for 3 months I have been "dwelling in the house of the Lord" quite literally (although it is not as spiffy as our eternal house). We Christians can look forward to "dwelling in the house of the Lord forever." It's great to live in a church; that I can testify. Let us look forward to our eternity there.

I have come so far with language, and am a bit disappointed that I have to stop! The most common-place phrases here run through my head when it is quiet enough:
Shau mir mal (let's look)
Musst man angucken! (yeah, I'll check that out)
Liebe Himmlischer Vater (our loving God in heaven)
probier es noch mal (try that again)
ah, Sch*$#@# egal! (whatever)


Today's vocabulary lesson: Abschied = Farewell = ձտէսութիւն

No comments:

Post a Comment