Thursday, October 4, 2012

Ecole de la Foi **


School of the Faith


I thought nothing of the name "School of the Faith" when I came to CEM. I thought of "The Faith" as Christianity, as used in expressions like "keep the faith," to represent the tiny part of God's kingdom that you adhere to and defend.

But here we are literally learning faith. We have access to 3 excellent Bible professors, who have devoted their lives to studying and practicing God's word. Every faith question we've ever had is open to discussion and our teachers have read the scriptures, background materials, done their research. They are ready and willing to answer our questions.

And still, sometimes the answer to a particularly big question is "I don't know."

Q: "Is Jesus God or human?"
A: "He is 100% God and 100% Man."
Q: "How can he be both?"
A: "I have no idea, but isn't it amazing!"

Yes, we are learning the answers to some of our biggest questions. But we are also learning faith: how to say "God, I don't understand. It's a mystery. But it's awesome!" I hope to get answers to some of my questions, to learn more about my faith. But we must also learn faith for when there is no answer that we can comprehend.

Pray for my fellow students and I; that we take the opportunity to ask big questions, to learn all we can, to develop a habit of always learning and always asking questions, and to be content with God's response.

No comments:

Post a Comment